from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Without stain or blemish: a stainless reputation.
- adj. Resistant to stain or corrosion: stainless metal.
- adj. Made of a stainless material: a stainless teapot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing an alloy that is resistant to corrosion and discoloration.
- adj. Unmarked, spotless.
- n. Short for stainless steel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Free from stain; immaculate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Free from spot or stain, whether physical or moral; unblemished; immaculate; untarnished: literally or figuratively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of reputation) free from blemishes
- n. steel containing chromium that makes it resistant to corrosion
stain + -less (Wiktionary)