American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Without stain or blemish: a stainless reputation.
- adj. Resistant to stain or corrosion: stainless metal.
- adj. Made of a stainless material: a stainless teapot.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Free from spot or stain, whether physical or moral; unblemished; immaculate; untarnished: literally or figuratively.
- adj. Describing an alloy that is resistant to corrosion and discoloration.
- adj. Unmarked, spotless.
- n. Short for stainless steel.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Free from stain; immaculate.
- adj. (of reputation) free from blemishes
- n. steel containing chromium that makes it resistant to corrosion
- stain + -less (Wiktionary)
“In a muzzleloader i believe the stainless is a big plus because of ease of cleaning and improved water and corrosion resistance.”
“Julie Platner for The Wall Street Journal For this overhaul, Frank Fusaro, of Handel Architects, removed the faux facades and stucco and cover the building in stainless steel tiles with a coating dubbed the Dream Finish: It's polished enough to reflect the blues and whites from the sky overhead, but not enough to mirror passers-by.”
“My present one is a Model 700 mountain stainless/laminate in .260 Remington -- about as good as it gets.”
“Presented in stainless steel with 3 micron gold-plating, Black leather strap, this timepiece displays the dial with plain printed index and protected with a sapphire crystal glass with the Magnetic Movement Coin (MMC).”
“Gavertz is usually cheap because it's aged in stainless steel instead of barrels so it costs less to make.”
“Now the plus side to the stainless is it is easier to care for (prettier), it is harder to sharpen but once sharpened the edge last longer.”
“The kitchen has an interesting color choice, it features appliances in stainless steel and a lot of storage space.”
“Finished in stainless steel and measuring 17 x 3.8 cm, they can just screw them into your wall compete with rawl plugs to screw them into plaster.”
“The producers describe this item as a symphony in stainless steel, harmonious and moving, yet timeless.”
“It 's available in stainless steel or with custom paneling (at right).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘stainless’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Words ending with *more or *less, more or less. Many of theses terms also appear on the list The -less Said, which see.
Looking for tweets for stainless.