from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impeccably clean; spotless. See Synonyms at clean.
- adj. Free from stain or blemish; pure.
- adj. Free from fault or error: an immaculate record.
- adj. Having no markings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having no stain or blemish; spotless, undefiled, clear, pure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Without stain or blemish; spotless; undefiled; clear; pure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Unspotted; spotless; stainless; pure; undefiled; without blemish or impurity: as, an immaculate reputation; immaculate thoughts; an immaculate edition.
- In zoology and botany, without spots or colored marks; unicolored.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. free from stain or blemish
- adj. without fault or error
- adj. completely neat and clean
That surrender of self-interest to a pure transcendent principle brings a whole new meaning to the term "immaculate conception" -- one that's not gender-specific.
This comes on the back of a celebrated 2008 vintage and the now much-in-demand 2005—a year when the wines were described as immaculate.
Even though they're in immaculate shape, I would say that 18 would be the worst green that we have on Tour, except that it's not even the worst on this golf course; 12 is. —
"Everybody referred to Brazil as a sleeping giant, and I think what people are realising now is that we are awake," she explained in immaculate American English.
And to reason it stood that the individual in immaculate white must possess many changes and command the labour of laundresses to keep his changes immaculate.
Men in immaculate galoshes pull themselves in after the women, their cuff links sparkling.
Flower design is about color and texture, married in immaculate measure.
Clad in immaculate khaki shorts and blouse, with equally immaculate pith helmet, Sarah was the taller, the older, still trim, almost thin, late fifties.
Of course, I can't usually sustain immaculate because we do have many children, but when our homes have been up for sale I tried much harder to make sure they were pristine.
A volatile cocktail of stimulants and memory enhancers would render every feature of the Senator in immaculate detail.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.