from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Free from complication or pain: a painless operation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Free from pain; without pain or trouble.
- adj. Not difficult; easy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Free from pain; without pain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Free from pain; not attended with pain: as, a painless surgical operation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not causing physical or psychological pain
- adj. requiring little hard work or exertion
pain + -less (Wiktionary)