from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Australian A young animal, especially a baby kangaroo.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The immature young of a marsupial, notably a junior kangaroo, but also a young wallaby or koala etc.
- n. The shorter word whose letters can be found within a kangaroo word.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any young animal, especially a young kangaroo.
- n. A young child.
- n. A three-penny piece.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In coal-mining, a man specially appointed to set the timber in a stall or working while coal is being raised.
- n. Same as joe, 1.
- n. A young kangaroo.
- n. ‘A hewer of wood and drawer of water.’
- To insult (a person) by the cry of ‘joey.’
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)