American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Australian A young animal, especially a baby kangaroo.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In coal-mining, a man specially appointed to set the timber in a stall or working while coal is being raised.
- n. Same as joe, 1.
- n. A young kangaroo.
- n. ‘A hewer of wood and drawer of water.’
- To insult (a person) by the cry of ‘joey.’
- n. The immature young of a marsupial, notably a junior kangaroo, but also a young wallaby or koala etc.
- n. The shorter word whose letters can be found within a kangaroo word.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Australian Any young animal, especially a young kangaroo.
- n. Australian A young child.
- n. British slang A three-penny piece.
- Unknown. (Wiktionary)
- Origin unknown. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“With a hint of Forbidden Planet. joey is that wall-e? haha tootalufilms”
“Opossums are recent imports from Australia but now prolific, so that the word joey (in Australia a ` baby kangaroo ') for an opossum is likely to be recent.”
“Anyways - it's kinda funny coz i have a kinda ex called joey - so yeah its a bit of a joke amongst my girls!”
“The baby, called a joey, was born on October 25, 2006, but only recently left her puch for the outside world.”
“A "joey" pokes its head out from mama wallaby's pouch.”
“She raises the baby "joey" koalas from when they are tiny and then releases them back into the wild.”
“Female kangaroos usually only have one baby kangaroo (called a "joey") at a time.”
“but, something has to happen soon. i can't see all these places staying open; especially, once wood ranch bbq and lucille's open in chino hills within the next few months. these two places will take business away from bad bob's, smokin' joey's, original joey's on east end road as well as the few others in the area.”
“i thought the spin-off, "joey", was going to be all about his life in phoebe and mike's new midtown pay-for-flay sex dungeon, but i guess i was wrong.... posted by santos.”
“Yes | No | Report from joey. henry wrote 9 weeks 4 days ago soak in a mixture of milk, egg, and hotsauce overnite in fridge.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘joey’.
Given names that were acceptable for play the last time I checked the OWL.
Names and Persons (including derogatory)allowed by Scrabble
A list of words that WWF recognizes as valid - most are unusual words; some are simply high-scoring.
Everyone's got their favorites. Here are some of mine.
Okay, I admit it. I made a list of words my daughter knew when she was two years old.
These have some growing up to do.
Tip of the hat to Stephen, who always tells me "only one more switchback" as we go up the trail. Usually it is a lie, but it still works!
Words containing only the letters occupying the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th and 25th positions of the alphabet (e, j, o, t, y). According to a fast search there isn't a single one which exclusively inclu...
Looking for tweets for joey.