from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. light; slender; slim; trivial
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything that lies in a place; that which, or one who, remains in a place.
- n. A minister or ambassador resident at a court or seat of government.
- n. A ledger.
- adj. Lying or remaining in a place; hence, resident.
- adj. Light; slender; slim; trivial.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete form of ledger.
- Light or small, as a line. See phrases below.
- Slight; unimportant; trivial: as, “leger performances,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a record in which commercial accounts are recorded
- n. French painter who was an early cubist (1881-1955)
French léger, from Latin (assumed) leviarius, from Latin levis light in weight. See levity. (Wiktionary)