from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A board that shows the direction (and often distance) to a named place; especially one of several attached to a milepost
- n. The milepost itself
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a guide post bearing an index finger.
- n. a guidepost resembling a hand with a pointing index finger.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A post with projecting arm or arms for pointers, often terminating in the form of fingers, set up for the direction of travelers, generally where roads cross or divide.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a guidepost resembling a hand with a pointing index finger
finger + post (Wiktionary)