from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A post supporting a sign that has information or directions.
- n. An indication, sign, or guide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a post bearing a sign that gives information on directions
- v. to install signposts (on a route etc)
- v. To indicate logical progress of a discourse using words or phrases such as now, right, to recap, to sum up, as I was saying, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A post on which a sign hangs, or on which papers are placed to give public notice of anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A post holding a sign.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a post bearing a sign that gives directions or shows the way
- v. mark with a signpost, as of a path
Sorry, no etymologies found.