from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A board bearing a sign.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A board carrying a sign, or on which signs may be posted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A board, placed on or before a shop, office, etc., on which ssome notice is given, as the name of a firm, of a business, or the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A board on which a notice is fixed, as of one's place of business, of goods for sale, or of warning against trespass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. structure displaying a board on which advertisements can be posted
Sorry, no etymologies found.