from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An inn; a hotel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an inn that provides overnight accommodation for travellers (and, originally, their horses)
- n. the art and skill of guest management at a commercial facility such as a hotel, inn, motel, bed and breakfast, or hostel; the hostelry trade, a degree in hostelry and tourism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An inn; a lodging house.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inn; a lodging-house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers
Middle English hostelrie, from Old French hostelerie, from hostel, lodging, inn; see hostel.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
hostel + -ry (Wiktionary)