from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who makes or gives a pledge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who gives a pledge
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who pledges.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who pledges or offers a pledge.
- n. One who accepts an invitation to drink after another, or who pledges himself, his honor, word, etc., to another by drinking with him.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who makes or gives a pledge
Sorry, no etymologies found.