from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person to whom something is pledged.
- n. A person with whom something is deposited as a pledge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who receives a pledge
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The one to whom a pledge is given, or to whom property pledged is delivered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The person to whom anything is pledged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone to whom a pledge is made or someone with whom something is deposited as a pledge
pledge + -ee (Wiktionary)