from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that edges, such as a tool for trimming the edge of a lawn.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tool that is used to trim the edges of a lawn
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A circular saw for squaring the edges of lumber cut directly from the whole log; an edging-saw: usually double, hence called double edger. See saw.
- n. In leather-working, a tool for trimming the edges of shoesoles, straps, harness, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who puts finishing edges on a garment
- n. garden tool for cutting grass around the edges of a yard
Sorry, no etymologies found.