from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Covered with tufts of soft hair, as the fruits of quince.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered or growing in wooly tufts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Spotted with small tufts like wool.
- adj. Having tufts of soft hairs, which are often deciduous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Woolly; specifically, in botany, composed of or bearing flocci.
- In ornithology, same as flocculent, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of plants) having tufts of soft woolly hairs
Late Latin floccōsus, from Latin floccus, tuft of wool.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)