from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serving or tending to suspend or temporarily stop something.
- adj. Characterized by or causing suspense.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That suspends (temporarily stops)
- adj. Characterized by suspense; suspenseful
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to suspend, or to keep in suspense; causing interruption or delay; uncertain; doubtful.
- adj. condition (Scots Law), a condition precedent, or a condition without the performance of which the contract can not be completed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to suspend, or to keep in suspense; causing interruption; uncertain; doubtful; deliberative.
- Having the power to suspend the operation of something.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a situation) characterized by or causing suspense
- adj. undecided or characterized by indecisiveness
Sorry, no etymologies found.