from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of giving or receiving nourishment.
- n. Support; sustenance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. feeding, being fed; the provision of food and other necessities.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of affording nutriment; the function of the alimentary canal.
- n. State or mode of being nourished.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or power of affording nutriment.
- n. The state or process of being nourished; mode of, or condition in regard to, nourishment.
- n. The providing or supplying with the necessaries of life.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a source of materials to nourish the body
- n. the act of supplying food and nourishment
Sorry, no etymologies found.