from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Refreshment with food and drink.
- n. A light meal or repast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Mental or spiritual refreshment.
- n. Physical refreshment, especially with food or drink.
- n. A meal, especially a light meal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Refreshment after hunger or fatigue; a repast; a lunch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Refreshment after hunger or fatigue; a repast: applied especially to meals in religious houses.
- n. In civil law and old English law, repair; restoration to good condition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a light meal or repast
From French réfection, from Latin refectiōnem, accusative singular of refectiō ("recovery, refection"), from reficiō ("restore, renew"). (Wiktionary)