from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The giving of life; vitalization; animation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of vivifying, or the state of being vivified; restoration of life; revival.
- n. One of the changes of assimilation, in which proteid matter which has been transformed, and made a part of the tissue or tissue cells, is endowed with life, and thus enabled to manifest the phenomena of irritability, contractility, etc.
- n. The act or process of vivificating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of vivifying, or the state of being vivified; the act of giving life; revival.
- n. In physiology, the transformation of proteid matter into living tissue, occurring as the final stage of assimilation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the activity of giving vitality and vigour to something
- n. quality of being active or spirited or alive and vigorous
Latin vivificare (Wiktionary)