from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of appraising.
- n. An expert or official valuation, as for taxation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A judgment or assessment of the value of something, especially a formal one.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A valuation by an authorized person; an appraisement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of appraising; valuation; appraisement or estimation of value or worth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the classification of someone or something with respect to its worth
- n. a document appraising the value of something (as for insurance or taxation)
- n. an expert estimation of the quality, quantity, and other characteristics of someone or something
to appraise + -al (Wiktionary)