from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of appraising.
- n. An expert or official valuation, as for taxation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A judgment or assessment of the value of something, especially a formal one.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A valuation by an authorized person; an appraisement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of appraising; valuation; appraisement or estimation of value or worth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the classification of someone or something with respect to its worth
- n. a document appraising the value of something (as for insurance or taxation)
- n. an expert estimation of the quality, quantity, and other characteristics of someone or something
They discovered a missing link, a link they call an "appraisal process."
Defendant FNC also provides services and products to mortgage lenders, including a web-based service called AppraisalPort, which allows mortgage lenders to request written appraisals from appraisers and ‘allows appraisers to transmit information ... contained in appraisal reports, to lending institutions ....’
A replacement value appraisal is determined by adding the value of the lot to the depreciated value of the construction, adding as needed for special amenities.
Because homes in Mexico are so distinctly different, one from another, even in the same neighborhood, this method of appraisal is seldom used, except in the case of resale properties in a developer's subdivision.
As far as I can judge, this appraisal is not correct.
The proposed transaction provides for the operatorship of the concession and near-term appraisal/development of one oil discovery well and of a significant number of ready to drill exploration projects, located in Egypt's Western Desert.
On the West Cape Three Points Block, Kosmos anticipates significant near-term appraisal activities at the Teak discovery.
Our appraisal and delineation programs continue to generate substantial value for Kosmos, and we look forward to a number of additional near-term appraisal and exploration well results.
The NDC on Saturday approved the mid-term appraisal of the 11th Plan, scaling down the annual average growth target to 8.1 per cent from 9 per cent targeted earlier.
We are working on this in our midterm appraisal and looking at different approaches.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.