from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, subject to, or caused by an earthquake or earth vibration.
- adj. Earthshaking: an issue of seismic proportions and ramifications.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Related to, or caused by an earthquake or other vibration of the Earth.
- adj. Of very large, or widespread effect.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to an earthquake; caused by an earthquake.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of an earthquake; relating to or connected with an earthquake, or with earthquakes in general.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. subject to or caused by an earthquake or earth vibration
Based on Ancient Greek σεισμός (seismos, "shaking, earthquake") + -ic. (Wiktionary)