from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The scientific study of the earth's topologic configuration above sea level, especially the measurement and mapping of land elevations.
- n. A representation or description of the earth's topologic features above sea level, as on a map.
- n. Hypsometry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The data present in contour lines; measurement of altitude or depth versus area.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See the extract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. measurement of the elevation of land above sea level
- n. the scientific study of the earth's configuration above sea level (emphasizing the measurement of land altitudes relative to sea level)
Sorry, no etymologies found.