from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The scientific study of the earth's topologic configuration above sea level, especially the measurement and mapping of land elevations.
- n. A representation or description of the earth's topologic features above sea level, as on a map.
- n. Hypsometry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The data present in contour lines; measurement of altitude or depth versus area.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See the extract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. measurement of the elevation of land above sea level
- n. the scientific study of the earth's configuration above sea level (emphasizing the measurement of land altitudes relative to sea level)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.