from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Measurement of wind force and velocity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Measurement of the direction and velocity of the wind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of ascertaining the force or velocity of the wind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of determining the pressure or velocity of the wind by means of an anemometer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. measuring wind speed and direction
Sorry, no etymologies found.