from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An instrument for measuring wind force and velocity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument for measuring and recording the speed of the wind
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for measuring the force or velocity of the wind; a wind gauge.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument for indicating the velocity or pressure of the wind; a wind-gage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gauge for recording the speed and direction of wind
From Ancient Greek ἄνεμος (anemos, "wind") + -meter. (Wiktionary)