from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An optical instrument for measuring crystal angles, as between crystal faces.
- n. A radio receiver and directional antenna used as a system to determine the angular direction of incoming radio signals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device used to measure the angles of crystals.
- n. A radio direction finder.
- n. An arthrometer (device for measuring the arc or range of mobility of a joint).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for measuring angles, especially the angles of crystals, or the inclination of planes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument for measuring solid angles, or the inclination of planes, particularly the angles formed by the faces of crystals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. direction finder that determines the angular direction of incoming radio signals
Greek gōniā, angle; + -meter.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
gonio- + -meter (Wiktionary)