American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An apparatus for measuring the optical density of a material, such as a photographic negative.
- n. See densimeter.
- n. A device that measures the optical density of a material.
- n. A device that measures the specific gravity of a substance; a densimeter.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. an instrument for determining optical or photographic density. A variety capable of measuring optical density of a sample at a number of different wavelengths, is called a
- n. same as densimeter.
- n. a measuring instrument for determining optical or photographic density
- n. a measuring instrument for determining density or specific gravity
- densit(y) + -meter. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Evaluates motion picture film to determine characteristics, such as sensitivity to light, density, and exposure time required for printing, using sensitometer, densitometer, and timer lights.”
“Accordingly, the need for the medical device for prevention and treatment of osteoporosis is emerging, and the medical device specializing company MacrovisionCEO: Ji-Hyun Yoon, www.emacro.kr is receiving attention for its bone densitometer 'Osteoprima.”
“The professional user can adjust any operation via numerical input and can precisely monitor the results using the integrated densitometer.”
“The gold standard method for measuring fat mass involves using a relatively expensive densitometer, known as a DXA (dual-energy X-ray absorptionmetry) machine.”
“Discovery™, our most advanced QDR™ series bone densitometer, offers exquisite imaging and rapid assessment of the most important risk factors for osteoporotic fracture:”
“The only diagnostic procedure was an expensive machine called a tabletop bone densitometer that was costing the patient between $200, $250, $300 per test," Allen says.”
“NPR's Gisele Grayson had her bones scanned on the tabletop densitometer machine.”
“Get a full featured densitometer and many other spectral tools when you connect to an Eye-One Pro.”
“The DTX-200 DexaCare® bone densitometer is a mobile diagnostic system used to perform bone mass density measurements and to support the treatment of”
“Complete Medical Services, Inc. is a leading provider of refurbished bone densitometer equipment.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘densitometer’.
inky sod, spreads like a disease
Looking for tweets for densitometer.