from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A metric unit of length equal to 1,000 meters (0.62 mile). See Table at measurement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. US spelling of kilometre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A measure of length, being a thousand meters. It is equal to 3,280.84 feet, or 0.62137119 of a mile.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A length of 1,000 meters, or of a statute mile less 19 feet 2 inches. Abbreviated km.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metric unit of length equal to 1000 meters (or 0.621371 miles)
Sorry, no etymologies found.