from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A metric unit of volume equal to 1,000 liters (1,056 liquid quarts).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of kilolitre. One thousand liters.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A measure of capacity equal to a cubic meter, or a thousand liters. It is equivalent to 35.315 cubic feet, and to 220.04 imperial gallons, or 264.18 American gallons of 321 cubic inches.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A unit of capacity equal to 1,000 liters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 1000 liters
Sorry, no etymologies found.