from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A unit of length equal to one thousandth (10-3) of a meter, or 0.0394 inch. See Table at measurement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. US spelling of millimetre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lineal measure in the metric system, containing the thousandth part of a meter; equal to .03937 of an inch. See 3d meter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The thousandth part of a meter, equal to 0.03937 inch, or nearly inch. It is denoted by mm.: as, 25.4 mm. is 1 inch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metric unit of length equal to one thousandth of a meter
Sorry, no etymologies found.