from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A unit of length equal to one hundredth (10-2) of a meter. See Table at measurement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. US spelling of centimetre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The hundredth part of a meter; a measure of length equal to rather more than thirty-nine hundredths (0.3937) of an inch. See meter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the metric system, a measure of length, the hundredth part of a meter, equal to 0.3937+ of an English inch: that is, one inch equals 2.54 centimeters, as nearly as possible. Also spelled centimetre, and abbreviated cm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter
Sorry, no etymologies found.