from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A unit of mass equal to one thousandth (10-3) of a gram. See Table at measurement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An SI unit of mass, equivalent to one thousandth of a gram. Symbol: mg
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A measure of weight, in the metric system, being the thousandth part of a gram, equal to the weight of a cubic millimeter of water, or .01543 of a grain avoirdupois.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The thousandth part of a gram, equal to 0.015432, + or about , of a grain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one thousandth (1/1,000) gram
From French milligramme (Wiktionary)