from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A metric unit of length equal to 10 meters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. US spelling of decametre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A measure of length in the metric system; ten meters, equal to about 393.7 inches.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the metric system, a measure of length, consisting of 10 meters, and equal to 393.7 English inches, or 32.8 feet. Also dekameter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metric unit of length equal to ten meters
deca- + meter (Wiktionary)