from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An instrument for indicating speed.
- n. An instrument for indicating distance traveled as well as rate of speed.
- n. An odometer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device that measures, and indicates the current speed of a vehicle.
- n. Such a device incorporating an odometer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A speed-recorder; a speed-indicator or recorder adapted to an automobile, carriage, or bicycle. See speed-indicator.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a meter fixed to a vehicle that measures and displays its speed
speed + -meter (Wiktionary)