from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An instrument used to measure acceleration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument for measuring acceleration
- n. An instrument made for detecting and measuring vibrations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An apparatus for measuring the velocity imparted by gunpowder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument for measuring the force required to start a train and keep it going and the centrifugal force when the train rounds a curve.
- n. An apparatus for showing by direct registry the law of the movement, in the function of time, of a piston subjected to the action of powder gases.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrument for measuring the acceleration of aircraft or rockets
acceler(ation) + -meter.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
accelerate + -meter (Wiktionary)