from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A graduated rod for measuring the depth or amount of liquid in a container, as of oil in a crankcase.
- n. Slang A person regarded as foolish or contemptible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stick or rod used to measure the depth of a liquid. Often used to check the level at which a liquid in an opaque or inaccessible tank or reservoir stands; gauge.
- n. A penis.
- n. A useless person.
- n. A dipshit.
- n. A person of inferior intellect or, more accurately, someone who makes an action that would imply this.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a graduated rod dipped into a container to indicate the fluid level.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a graduated rod dipped into a container to indicate the fluid level
We FINALLY know who this dipstick is … the Wizard of Ooze …
"dipstick" -- a test of alternative language just to ascertain the depths of public sentiment or apathy to a change in course.
Too many men are thinking with their "dipstick" when it comes to this woman ..... soak these corks
Maybe Joe "dipstick" Wilson wants the Hyde Amendment changed with healthcare reform.
Researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have developed a simple "dipstick" test for detecting cocaine and other drugs in saliva, urine or blood serum.
Accusations that "she whored herself out for power," and that she is a "dipstick" are completely unacceptable and show a complete lack of class and integrity from the politicians who threw the insult.
The water level can be checked with the aid of a 'dipstick' (see p. 25).
Scientists developing 3-in-1 'dipstick' test for early detection of parasitic diseases Nanodevice run from battery could help to desalinate seawater in disaster zones
The new test technology gives scientists a way to determine whether the degradation process is complete; eventually, it should be available to farmers in a simple "dipstick" field test.
A Cambridge University team have developed a simple "dipstick" test to detect the eye infection trac ...
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.