from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of number.
- n. Many individuals as a group.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of number.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fourth book of the Old Testament: so called because it begins with an account of the numbering of the Israelites in the beginning of the second year after they left Egypt. It includes part of the history of the Israelites during their wanderings. Abbreviated Num., Numb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an illegal daily lottery
- n. the fourth book of the Old Testament; contains a record of the number of Israelites who followed Moses out of Egypt
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Inside Sophie's phone are stored various telephone numbers of VIPs, including the private numbers for senior members of the Royal Family.
Replacing all positive whole numbers who consist of 3 digits placed in between ~, if they are not equal to any value in var2. var1 contains a long string in which ~numbers~ and ~Inumbers~ are present.
What you lack in numbers is more than made of for by coherent and targeted action.
Although the media would have you believe otherwise, the gap between Hillary and Obama in numbers is not that great.
Conversely, handling locations of commas and points in numbers is a language-specific thing.
Consumer advocates say the inability to retain numbers is one of the biggest barriers preventing more cell phone users from switching in search of better service and prices.
Lao People's Democratic Republic, although still limited in numbers, is under way and negotiations are taking place in
PRESIDENT MITCHELL: Gentlemen, - This first meeting for the new season, while apparently small in numbers, is I am sure, enthusiastic with regard to the subject which is going to be presented today by such an eminent authority as Mr. Morgan.
Most important of all, the knowledge of each other and the custom and necessity of working side by side in numbers is bringing with it the consciousness of a new power – the power of organization.
The problem again is the tag numbers are incredibly high at those positions now, so it's only worth it if the Giants are going to be willing to pay them near those numbers over the long term.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.