from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of number.
- n. Many individuals as a group.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of number.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fourth book of the Old Testament: so called because it begins with an account of the numbering of the Israelites in the beginning of the second year after they left Egypt. It includes part of the history of the Israelites during their wanderings. Abbreviated Num., Numb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an illegal daily lottery
- n. the fourth book of the Old Testament; contains a record of the number of Israelites who followed Moses out of Egypt
Sorry, no etymologies found.