from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The use or study of metrical structures in verse; prosody.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of metric.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The philosophical and mathematical theory of measurement.
- n. The art of versification.
- n. The science or doctrine which treats of rhythm in language and its employment in poetic composition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the study of poetic meter and the art of versification
Sorry, no etymologies found.