from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of medicine that deals with the care of women during pregnancy, childbirth, and the recuperative period following delivery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The care of women during and after pregnancy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science of midwifery.
- n. The branch of medicine that deals with childbirth or the care of women in parturition, or in the trouble incident to childbirth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That department of medical art which deals with parturition and the treatment and care of women during pregnancy and childbirth; the practice of midwifery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medicine dealing with childbirth and care of the mother
Sorry, no etymologies found.