American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The science of childbirth; midwifery or obstetrics.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That department of medicine which treats of parturition; obstetrics.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The science of obstetrics, or midwifery; that department of medicine which treats of parturition.
- n. the branch of medicine dealing with childbirth and care of the mother
- From Ancient Greek τόκος (tokos, "childbirth"), from τίκτω (tiktō, "I give birth"). (Wiktionary)
- Greek tokos, childbirth; see tek- in Indo-European roots + -logy. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tocology’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
All the words from the Grandiloquent Dictionary.
946 of these 2700 words do not yield any results in six different dictionaries, hence many of them might be misspellings.
Looking for tweets for tocology.