from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A metrical foot consisting of four short syllables.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inciting; animating; encouraging.
- adj. Consisting of four short syllables; composed of feet of four short syllables each.
- n. A foot consisting of four short syllables.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inciting; animating; encouraging.
- In prosody, consisting, as a metrical foot, of four short syllables; of or pertaining to feet so constituted.
- n. In ancient prosody, a foot consisting of four short times or syllables. The proceleusmatic () is tetrasemic and isorrhythmic.
Ancient Greek? (Wiktionary)