from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Measurement of temperature.
- n. The technology of temperature measurement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the science and technology related to the measurement of temperature
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The estimation of temperature by the use of a thermometric apparatus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of measuring temperature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the measurement of temperature
thermo- + -metry (Wiktionary)