Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a thermometer: as, the thermometric scale or tube.
- Made by means of a thermometer: as, thermometric observations.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the measurement of temperature
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or employing a thermometer
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to a thermometer.
- adj. Made, or ascertained, by means of a thermometer.
- adj. of or relating to thermometry
“Suppose the temperature scale degrees X is related to another thermometric scale °Y by an order preserving transformation.”
“Suppose the temperature scale Â°X is related to another thermometric scale Â°Y by an order preserving transformation.”
“EP would come to see the poet as “steam gauge, voltometer, a set of pipes for thermometric and barometric divination.””
“We are not told that the Prince was thereby salivated like the late Colonel Sykes when boiling his mercury for thermometric experiments,”
“It is a thermometric scale of cannibalist instinct.”
“Based on the “asphalt” thread, I think it is safe to say that one needs to consider the total geometry of a thermometric measurement to unravel the factors.”
“Concerns have arisen about the calibration of this system as compared to that of the earlier thermometric system.”
“Much of the current alleged warming is based on few thermometric measurements in the polar regions from Russia and Canada.”
“The first requisite therefore is a very sensitive thermometric apparatus and great freedom from temperature changes, the second is extreme rapidity and lightness in the recording instruments.”
“To him these pecularities were unexplainable, and be hoped that the observations would be studied by his hearers, and some explanation found in regard to the thermometric observations of the expedition.”
‘thermometric’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for thermometric.