from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of human body measurement for use in anthropological classification and comparison.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The science of measuring the human body in order to ascertain the average dimensions of the human form at different ages, and in different divisions of race, class etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Measurement of the height and other dimensions of human beings, especially at different ages, or in different races, occupations, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The measurement of the human body; the department of the science of anthropology which relates to the proportions of the human body, either in individuals or in tribes and races.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. measurement and study of the human body and its parts and capacities
From Ancient Greek ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, "human") + μέτρον (metron, "measure"). (Wiktionary)