from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of counting or numbering; enumeration.
- n. A system of numbering.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of counting or numbering things; enumeration.
- n. Any system of giving names to numbers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or art of numbering.
- n. The act or art of reading numbers when expressed by means of numerals. The term is almost exclusively applied to the art of reading numbers written in the scale of tens, by the Arabic method.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of numbering.
- n. In arithmetic, the art of counting; the art of forming numeral words for use in counting; the system of numeral words in use in any language; the art of expressing in words any number proposed in figures; the act or art of reading numbers. See notation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order
- n. naming numbers
Sorry, no etymologies found.