from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of fifth rank or order.
- adj. Consisting of five things; arranged in fives
- adj. To the base of five; represented by the numerals 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of five; arranged by fives.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Divided in a set of five, as parts or organs of most radiates.
- In zoology, same as quinarian.
- n. A whole composed of five parts or elements.
- Based upon five.
From the Latin quīnārius ("containing five each"), from quīnī ("five each”, “five at a time") + -ārius (whence the English suffix -ary); compare the French quinaire, the Italian quinario, and the Portuguese quinário. (Wiktionary)