from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The measurement of elevation relative to sea level.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The measurement of elevation relative to sea level
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of the science of geodesy which has to do with the measurement of heights, either absolutely with reference to the sea level, or relatively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of measuring the heights of places upon the surface of the earth, either by leveling, by the barometer, by the thermometer, by trigonometrical observations, or otherwise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. measurement of the elevation of land above sea level
hypsometer + -y (Wiktionary)