from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See pyrotechnics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The manufacture and use of fireworks.
- n. The use of fire in chemistry and metallurgy.
- n. The manufacture and use of gunpowder, bombs etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The use and application of fire in science and the arts.
- n. Same as Pyrotechnics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The management and mechanical application of fire.
- n. The fabrication of fireworks for military and ornamental purposes (see firework, 2); the composition and scientific use of combustible substances employed as signals, as destructive agents, or for purposes of display.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the craft of making fireworks
New Latin pyrotechnia : Greek puro-, pyro- + Greek tekhnē, craft; see technique.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)