from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The art of manufacturing or setting off fireworks. Also called pyrotechny.
- n. A fireworks display.
- n. A brilliant display, as of rhetoric or wit, or of virtuosity in the performing arts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The art and technology of fireworks and related military applications.
- n. A display of fireworks.
- n. An impressive display.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of making fireworks; the manufacture and use of fireworks; pyrotechny.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of making fireworks; the composition, structure, and use of fireworks. See firework, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (music) brilliance of display (as in the performance of music)
- n. the craft of making fireworks
From pyrotechnic + -ics. (Wiktionary)