from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The chemistry of heat and heat-associated chemical phenomena.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of the thermodynamics of chemical reactions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of chemical science which includes the investigation of the various relations existing between chemical action and that manifestation of force termed heat, or the determination of the heat evolved by, or employed in, chemical actions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of chemical science which includes all the various relations existing between chemical action and heat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of chemistry that studies the relation between chemical action and the amount of heat absorbed or generated
Sorry, no etymologies found.