from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to fireworks.
- adj. Resembling fireworks; brilliant: a pyrotechnic wit; pyrotechnic keyboard virtuosity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to fireworks.
- adj. Of, or relating to the use of fire in chemistry or metallurgy.
- adj. Resembling fireworks.
- adj. Of, or relating to pyrotechny.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to fireworks, or the art of forming them.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to fireworks or the art of making them.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the craft of making fireworks
- adj. suggestive of fireworks
- n. (usually plural) a device with an explosive that burns at a low rate and with colored flames; can be used to illuminate areas or send signals etc.
"I always wanted to come out of the smoke," said Graham, referring to the pyrotechnic display that greets Hurricane football players when they run onto the field for home games.
A more concise syntax would show up the poverty of this description at once, but by stringing a dozen attributes together she ensures that each is seen only in the context of a dazzlingly "pyrotechnic" whole.
New York Post reported today that a canvas bag left near a waiting area contained a "pyrotechnic" with shotgun shells taped to it.
Put the bristles of brush in a gob of green or black and spread it into form and life and pyrotechnic feathers?
At the moment we are hosting one of Jimmy's classmates, Juan, who also is under suspension for a pyrotechnic incident.
In Sydney, more than 1.5 million people watched the shimmering pyrotechnic display designed around the theme "Time to Dream."
Revelers in Australia, Asia, Europe, South America and the South Pacific island nation of Samoa, which jumped across the international dateline to be first to celebrate, welcomed 2012 with booming pyrotechnic displays.
And you might see a herd of life-sized red giraffes, zookeepers, ringmaster, opera diva and pyrotechnic effects thanks to Compagnie Off's Les Girafes, which brings the festival to a rousing climax starts General Gordon Square SE18, 2 Jul.
In the years since the formation of the committee, the former councilman said, between four and five different pyrotechnic firms were hired.
From there, he stated, the borough established a “Bang Committee” with members of the fire company, first aid squad and other residents in town that was able to continue the annual event through sponsors and contracted pyrotechnic firms.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.