from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to fireworks.
- adj. Resembling fireworks; brilliant: a pyrotechnic wit; pyrotechnic keyboard virtuosity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to fireworks.
- adj. Of, or relating to the use of fire in chemistry or metallurgy.
- adj. Resembling fireworks.
- adj. Of, or relating to pyrotechny.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to fireworks, or the art of forming them.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to fireworks or the art of making them.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the craft of making fireworks
- adj. suggestive of fireworks
- n. (usually plural) a device with an explosive that burns at a low rate and with colored flames; can be used to illuminate areas or send signals etc.
From Latin pyrotechnica, from Ancient Greek πῦρ (pur, "fire") + τεχνικός (tekhnikos, "skillful, workmanlike"). (Wiktionary)