from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing phosphorus, especially with valence 3 or a valence lower than that of a comparable phosphoric compound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to phosphorus.
- adj. Resembling phosphorus.
- adj. Of relating to or containing trivalent phosphorus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to phosphorus; resembling or containing phosphorus; specifically, designating those compounds in which phosphorus has a lower valence as contrasted with phosphoric compounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, obtained from, or containing phosphorus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing or characteristic of phosphorus
From phosphorus + -ous. (Wiktionary)