from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various usually thermosetting resins capable of forming tight cross-linked polymer structures characterized by toughness, strong adhesion, and low shrinkage, used especially in surface coatings and adhesives.
- n. See epoxide.
- transitive v. To fasten together with epoxy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Derived from an epoxide.
- n. A thermosetting polyepoxide resin used chiefly in strong adhesives, coatings and laminates; epoxy resin.
- v. To glue with epoxy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a thermosetting resin; used chiefly in strong adhesives and coatings and laminates
- v. glue with epoxy
ep(i)- + oxy(gen).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)